As a student/intern I need my budget to stretch far. And whilst I’d love to fortify food in order to have new clothes and posh makeup, it really isn’t feasible. I’m hungry.
3. COLLECTION 2000 LASTING COLOUR LIPSTICK REVIEW
So I am sharing this review because it really is a brilliant buy. This lipstick is my go to, favourite of all time (so far) red. Mainly because it is a STEAL money wise, but also it’s a true red and it stays on. All day. It isn’t a luxurious, premium lipstick, but it really is amazing. I once fell asleep after a night out without removing (naughty) and when I woke up my lipstick was still perfectly on. AWESOME. It’s an award winner for a reason.
What is it?
- Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Lipstick, Shade 1, Queen of Hearts
- Price: £2.99
- Shop: Boots/Superdrug
- Get it here: http://www.collectioncosmetics.co.uk/lips/lipstick/lasting-colour-lipstick.aspx
How is the application?
This lipstick is both thick and smooth, but has a tendency to get everywhere if you don’t apply it properly. So I use a lip liner, and then apply the lipstick using a lip brush. When it has been set/blotted, apply again from the bullet. Voila! Not a sweep and go lippy but worth the effort.
This wasn’t reapplied at all. I was at work in an office all day, I ate and I drank and I chatted – and it stayed true! Amazing. However it does have a tendency to rub off on things – mugs/teeth at the beginning. So keep an eye out for that, or just blot well enough.
End of the day
On this occasion it was unnecessary – but if you do need to reapply it’s easy to do. Just ensure that you blot it enough so that it doesn’t rub off again.
- Pros: I’ve already expressed my love for this. It doesn’t dry your lips out, the pigment is a lovely deep red (not too bright), it lasts all day and it is cheap!
- Cons: It does rub off and whilst this doesn’t diminish the colour on your lips, it can get everywhere if you touch your face a lot. So just make sure that you are careful and don’t go rubbing your lips on any white collars.
Buy this! You won’t regret it. If red isn’t for you, there are some lovely shades of pink too. 🙂